Tuesday April 28, 2015
(Maternity cover starting July 2015)
High calibre, senior leader sought as Interim CEO of a young and dynamic national charity. The role has been created to cover a six to 12 month maternity leave and will be on a part-time (three days per week) basis.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with an organisation at a key point in its development. The successful candidate will be instrumental in building on the charity’s established position and strategy to ensure its continued growth and sustainability and to oversee a major new programme of work being undertaken in conjunction with an external delivery partner.
We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven track record in the charity sector. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver our strategic objectives coupled with outstanding financial acumen, leadership, operational management and communication skills.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees and working with a team of seven DRM staff and two to three key external partner staff, the successful candidate will:
- Deliver on Diversity Role Model’s mission and strategic plan - monitor against annual targets and support its staff to deliver KPIs;
- Build on our current track record of income generation, by consolidating and expanding plans to generate new sustainable sources of income and growth;
- Contribute towards the charity’s’s fundraising target by using your established network of professional organisations who share our passion for diversity and inclusion in schools;
- Be responsible for staff leadership, risk management, and administration of the organisation in the execution of the Board’s decisions, including identifying any areas to improve and evolve;
- Take a leadership role in promoting DRM; representing the organisation effectively to external stakeholders and overseeing and enhancing the organisation’s brand and reputation;
- Work with the Chair to ensure that the Board receives appropriate advice and information on all relevant matters and enable it to fulfil its governance responsibilities;
- Oversee the roll-out of a Government funded project, sitting on the project steering group, making key decisions around staffing, monitoring risk.
- Experience of managing a third sector organisation;
- Strong business and financial acumen;
- Personal gravitas - a natural and empathetic leader;
- Excellent people management and communication skills;
- A strong professional network of senior individuals and public sector companies with whom you are able to link DRM for fundraising opportunities and support;
- Negotiation skills and experience of dealing with external contractors or agencies.
If you share our passion for educating young people about difference, challenging stereotypes and tackling homophobic and transphobic bullying in schools, and you want to play a leading part in delivering our services across the UK then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from suitably qualified people, regardless of gender, gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, politics or disability. We welcome the opportunity for candidates to apply under the GIS scheme.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you will meet the requirements of the role by email to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 18 May 2015 with interviews to take place at the end of May.