Monday July 6, 2015
With the summer in full swing, how about arranging to meet up with a group of friends for a picnic and help a good cause as you do?
We’re inviting all our supporters to raise funds for Diversity Role Models by arranging a Picnic Against Prejudice. Whether that’s a shared picnic in a park, a BBQ in the back garden, or a meal on a blanket hiding from a summer storm in your front room, you and your guests will be helping us to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying in schools.
Here’s what to do:
- Choose a date, and let us know your plans.
Just email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you’re planning your picnic. We’ll send you out a DRM Picnic Pack in the post, which includes some of our lovely giveaway goodies and a selection of recipes.
- Invite your friends.
We’ll also send you an email invitation template for you to customise. It gives information about DRM for those people who haven’t heard of us, and all the other things they might need to know.
- Get everyone you invite to donate.
Our email includes details of how your guests can donate to us. We’d suggest a minimum £5 donation, although any donation is gratefully received. There are lots of ways to donate:
- You can easily set up a Virgin Money Giving page, and link it to our Picnics Against Prejudice campaign. Just promote your page to your friends and ask them to donate online.
- Get your friends to donate via a text message. Simply ask them to text PCNC15 £5 to 70070. And they can text as often as they like!
- Request one of our collecting tins, if you like to go old school by rattling a tin and seeing how much you can raise from notes and coins on the day. (We’re aware that you might not want to collect lots of cash in a public space, so this works best if you’re doing something at home).
- Eat, drink and enjoy - and be sure to share your picnic pics with us via social media #PicnicsAgainstPrejudice.
We’d like to wish all our supporters a very happy summer - and we look forward to hearing your picnic stories!