Governors will deepen their understanding of LGBT+ lived experiences and learn how to support staff teams and students in creating an inclusive school. By the end of the training, Governors will be equipped to meet their statutory duties to prevent and tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying and will have a greater understanding of their role in creating a positive experience for LGBT+ staff, students and parents/carers.
"From a personal perspective I think Governor training was amazing! I saw a real shift in people's understanding from that"
- PSHE Lead
- Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language and bullying and the impact it has
- Moral, statutory and Ofsted/ISI obligations for preventing bullying
- Awareness of transgender identity and issues, supporting staff to ensure the school meets the needs of all students in a practical and proactive way
- Leading inclusion work through policy improvement, implementation, monitoring, and embedding inclusion into the school ethos
- Practical steps to create change