Initial teacher training is a comprehensive workshop empowering trainee teachers to embed LGBT+ inclusion into their teaching practices. The training is for secondary and primary school trainee teachers and will develop their confidence in discussing LGBT+ inclusion within a school setting and educate them how to prevent homophobic, biphobic, and transphobic bullying. Trainee teachers will understand the important role they have in creating a safe, inclusive learning environment where all students can thrive.
- Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language and bullying and the impact it has
- Strategies for preventing bullying
- Action planning to create LGBT+ inclusive curriculum and lessons, how to mitigate bias and challenge stereotypes in lessons and displays
- Awareness of transgender identity and issues, supporting staff to ensure the school meets the needs of all students in a practical and proactive way
- Overcoming the barriers to creating an LGBT+ inclusive school
Request a quote by clicking the below button and providing us with more information about your needs.Request a quote