Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Diversity Role Models!
Volunteers are at the heart of all our work. They share their stories in schools with students, staff, governors and parents/carers; they help out in the office and at our fundraising events; and they use their particular skills to help DRM keep developing and growing.
There are a number of ways to support DRM as a volunteer:
- Role models - train to be one of our role models and share your story in schools, to help young people gain understanding and empathy of what it's like to be LGBT+ or why it's important to be an ally. You can apply to be a role model by filling out this form.
- Facilitator - train to run our sessions in schools with students, staff, governors and/or parents/carers.
- Fundraising/events - support DRM by helping with our calendar of fundraising events, whether that's shaking a bucket around Soho one evening or helping to staff an event with 300 guests.
- Administrative support - help us administratively, whether in the office or volunteering remotely. This can be a great way to gain skills and experience of day-to-day life in a small charity.
- Professional skills - as a small organisation, we're also delighted to have offers from people to help support our strategic growth. We'd love to talk to you about putting your skills to a short-term or long-term us to help transform DRM, whether you've got a background in HR, finance, marketing or something else entirely.
However you're interested in supporting us by volunteering, or if you don't know how you could help, we'd love to hear from you. Fill out the form below to tell us a bit more about you, and we'll be in touch!
If you only wish to be a role model, please complete our role model application form instead.